PCR Business Systems was recently SOC 2, Type 2 certified. Learn why you should only work with SOC certified Akron IT services providers.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Inside Sales Professional to join the PCR Business Systems team.
PCR is the leading Managed IT Service Provider in the Akron area. We offer exciting opportunities for employee advancement in an environment where you can showcase and hone your skills while working alongside talented and like-minded individuals.
We are a tight group who are supportive of each other in helping achieve one common goal—to provide service that is nothing short of excellent. Read more about our vision and core values.
Sound like you would be a good fit? Here’s what we’re looking for…
The Opportunity… Inside Sales Professional
Job Description… We are looking for a full-time inside sales professional to join the PCR team immediately! In this role you will be working directly with our sales manager to follow up on leads coming into the office. Job duties include scheduling appointments, fielding questions, following up on inquiries, sending out information packages, and assisting in maintaining the integrity of the company’s database.
This is an awesome opportunity for someone who…
- Wants a company that truly CARES about its customers and employees.
- Loves a faster-paced, NO DRAMA workplace where office politics, gossip and negativity aren’t tolerated.
- Is extremely detail-oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systematic approach to achieving success.
- Likes to work in a small company where your input, contributions and ideas will directly impact the company’s growth and success.
- Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in your education and training.
- Enjoys having conversations with (and helping) small business owners.
- Loves building relationships with people and providing a true “Wow” experience.
- Wants a position that will offer upward earning and career advancement.
Please apply ONLY if you have at least one year’s experience in an inside sales position, preferably setting appointments in a business-to-business environment. You must have a proven track record for success. To apply, please send your résumé, along with a cover letter detailing why you think you’d be a great fit to join our team.
Wage: $15 + Commission
- Health Benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Company paid certification/education program
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about the five things we have done at PCR to create a strong company culture, and what we are doing today to continue to keep team morale high.
A comfortable employee is a productive employee. Read how to create ergonomic home offices for your remote staff to keep them working healthy and efficiently.
On May 1, several members of the PCR team and their families began a challenge to start moving! The goal was to be as active as possible throughout the month of May…
Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus many employees have been forced to work from home, or may be working from home in the near future. If you find yourself in this situation it’s important to remember to follow the best IT security practices when working from home to not put your company at risk of an online virus or cyberattack.
Working remotely can be challenging because you likely don’t have the same security safeguards in place at home as you do in the office. In addition, most people have multiple devices connected to their home Wifi, including personal computers, smartphones, game consoles, etc. These can all offer hackers a gateway into your home Wifi which can then give them a backdoor into the corporate device you are working from. It’s up to you to implement your own layers of security controls at home to prevent your company’s data from being breached.
Cyber criminals love to prey on companies when they are most vulnerable, and one of the weak spots they look for is employees who are not following the best IT security practices for working remotely.
Below is a list of things you can do to prevent cyberattacks while working remotely. You should follow these guidelines whenever you are logged into a corporate laptop or phone, even if it’s just to check a few emails.
IT Security Checklist for Remote Employees
Only Use Secure Wifi
- Avoid using Public WiFi
- Use a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Change the default Wifi router passwords to something more secure
- Update router firmware
Protect Your Workspace
- Don’t use your personal computer for work
- Don’t let anyone eavesdrop on what you are working on
- Encrypt sensitive data in emails
- Don’t use the same passwords on work devices as you do personal devices
- Update software for all devices that are connected to your home network (this includes personal computers, television services, game consoles, thermostats, etc.)
Secure Your Devices
- Update firmware
- Create strong passwords using multi-factor authentication
- Review and follow corporate policies and procedures
- Don’t leave your work devices unaccompanied in a vehicle
- Keep your home or apartment securely locked
Use Common Sense
- Don’t share your work devices with family or friends
- Don’t post business itineraries or corporate information online. This includes posting photos that may show addresses, client information, or any other personal or business information in the background
- Don’t let your guard down. It’s easy to feel comfortable at home but practice the same IT security best practices at home as you would at work
Report Any Security Issues Immediately
- Don’t wait until it’s too late. If you fear your work computer has been breached contact an IT professional within your company immediately
Fill out the form below or contact PCR Business Systems if you have any questions about setting up a secure workspace for your remote employees.
PCR Business Systems provides cost-effective IT solutions and IT managed services for small- to mid-sized businesses in the Akron, Hudson, and Cleveland, OH, areas. We know local and regional companies have demanding IT needs, often without the support of an in-house IT department. Allow PCR to handle your IT needs.