CYBERSECURITY FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES
FINANCIAL CYBERSECURITY & COMPLIANCE SOLUTIONS
ADVANCED IT FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES
The financial services sector is heavily targeted by cybercriminals. Why? Because financial institutions store a wealth of personal data (including bank account and credit card information), that hackers would love to get their hands on. That’s why it’s imperative to have an advanced cybersecurity plan in place to protect your network and data.
PCR specializes in IT for financial services organizations that require a higher level of security than most in-house IT teams can provide. Our financial cybersecurity experts will implement a cybersecurity plan to meet your organization’s compliance needs, which includes 24/7 network monitoring, on-site and remote IT support, and a full team of cybersecurity experts dedicated to your business. Our cybersecurity for financial services solutions include:
Antivirus Setup & Management
Email Security Monitoring & Management
Regular Vulnerability Scanning & Remediation
Backup & Disaster Recovery
MFA Software on Email & Remote Access
Data Compliance Management
PEN TEST FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES
Is your data truly secure? Does your cybersecurity insurance require an annual Penetration (Pen) Test?
Fill out the form to schedule a FREE Penetration Test today. We’ll help you meet any pen test requirements (and most importantly) make sure the private data of your clients and vendors is protected against a breach. *OFFER EXCLUSIVELY FOR NORTHEAST OHIO BUSINESSES.
WHAT YOUR PENETRATION TEST INCLUDES
- Test to determine what vulnerabilities a hacker would exploit on your network
- Presentation of our findings and cybersecurity report for: Security & Patch Management status, Perimeter Defense (Firewalls) review, Passwords & Access Management review, Potential Data Leaks, Malware Defense, Data Encryption, and more.
- Plan to help your business withstand a cyber-attack, achieve & maintain cybersecurity compliance, and adhere to cybersecurity best practices in the workplace.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET A PEN TEST TODAY
Our penetration test helps prevent a breach that could expose the private data of your clients and vendors, risking:
- Ruined reputation of your company
- Business operations downtime
- Lawsuits and/or fines
- Ransomware payments to get your data back
Please don’t think a cyberattack can’t happen to your business. Make sure it doesn’t with our FREE penetration test offered exclusively to Northeast Ohio Businesses.
10 FINANCIAL CYBERSECURITY STATISTICS TO KNOW
It is estimated that cybercrimes will cost companies an estimated $10.5 trillion annually by 2025 (Cybersecurity Ventures). Below is a list of 10 cybersecurity statistics that Ohio business owners should be aware of. As alarming as these statistics are, this list isn’t meant to try and scare anyone. It’s simply a reminder that financial cybersecurity attacks can happen to any business.
1. It’s estimated that hackers can penetrate 93% of business networks (betanews.com).
2. 43% of cyber-attacks are against SMBs (Accenture’s Cost of Cybercrime Study).
3. 66% of SMBs have experienced a cyber-attack in the past year (Ponemon Institute).
4. 83% of SMBs do not have the financial means recover from attack (Ponemon Institute).
5. Worldwide, between 11.2020 and 10.2021, financial organizations were the most targeted by web app attacks (Statista Research Department).
6. Only half of US companies have a cybersecurity plan in place (Upcity).
7. It is estimated that 59% of customers will avoid a company that’s had a breach in the past year (Arcserve).
8. Organizations with high compliance failure pay on average more than $1 million for data breaches (Upguard).
9. Since 2016, US companies have lost over $43 billion through business email hacks (FBI).
10. 60% of small and mid-sized businesses, who suffered a significant breach, went out of business within six months (Cybersecurity Ventures).
WHY SIZE DOESN’T MATTER: THE REASON HACKERS TARGET SMB’S
Small and midsize business (SMB) owners often think they are not targets of financial cybercrimes. They wrongly believe that hackers only go after large institutions hoping to hit a ransomware “jackpot.”
To use a gambling analogy, a savvy gambler rarely goes all-in on a game with long odds, or a slot machine that has a huge progressive payout. The odds of hitting the jackpot are extremely low and they are much more likely to exhaust their bankroll than win big. The smart bet is to play a game with a lower house advantage and to accumulate smaller wins over time.
The same is true with hackers. Large financial organizations spend millions on financial cybersecurity. The odds of hacking into one of these networks, while possible, is extremely challenging, costly, and time consuming. Hackers want a sure bet. That’s why they prey on small and mid-sized businesses whose executives have the mentality, “it can’t happen to us.” They look for companies who have cut corners in their cybersecurity looking to save a buck.
All financial institutions hold priceless customer data, and if hacked, businesses will most likely be forced to pay large sums to get that data back. While these sums aren’t as great as hackers may score from larger companies—they add up, and they are often enough to put an SMB out of business and cost countless employees their jobs.
So, what’s the best way to protect your business and your private data? Stop thinking it can’t happen to you. Make sure you have the highest level of cybersecurity for financial services in place to guard against a data breach, as well as a proper backup and disaster recovery plan should one occur.
Times are changing, and SMB owners must adapt. Hackers are becoming more sophisticated and more aggressive. This is not the time to cut corners when it comes to protecting your systems. Don’t gamble with your business and the livelihoods of your staff.
CYBERSECURITY SOLUTIONS SINCE 2004
Reliable cybersecurity for financial services requires more than just implementing the latest security tools. It requires a dedicated team, working together with your business to ensure your cybersecurity is aligned with your business needs. Since 2004, PCR has helped secure the networks of hundreds on Northeast Ohio Business. When you partner with us, you can trust that your data is protected and that we are always standing by to assist with any of your business IT needs.