PCR Business Systems is one of the fastest growing Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in the Akron area, with an ever-expanding list of clients who we provide world-class service for. We offer exciting opportunities for employee advancement in an environment where you can showcase and hone your skills while working alongside talented and like-minded individuals.
We are a close-knit group who enjoy a good company BBQ, an occasional craft beer after work, and who are all supportive of each other in helping achieve one common goal—to provide service that is nothing short of excellent.
Sound like you would be a good fit? Here’s what we’re looking for…
The Opportunity…Full-Time Installation Support Specialist
Job Description…This entry level position is perfect for someone looking to gain experience and growth in the IT Industry. The Installation Technician will be tasked with installing, configuring, and testing new computer equipment to client specifications, recycling outdated equipment, and training clients on how to optimize new IT equipment.
Who we’re looking for… Eager, growth-minded individuals who want to grow with us and who are pursuing a career in IT.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Inspect computer equipment and prepare equipment for delivery
- Installation of computer hardware and peripheral components on client’s premises
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, Office applications and other 3rd party software on client’s computer systems
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages
- Refers major hardware problems to manager for escalation and correction
- Provides documentation for specific software installations and updates client’s document repository as needed
To be successful in this position, candidates will possess the following personal attributes:
- Excellent communications skills – clear verbal skills, both spoken and written: ability to explain technical products and processes in a conceptual and clear way to a non-technical audience
- Writing skills – important for development of customer proposals, statements of work, reports and presentations, and for communication with customers in writing/email
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Keen attention to detail
- Personable and enthusiastic with the ability to build relationships with employees across all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Highly self-motivated and directed
Wage: $14.50-19.25/hr. based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Company matched retirement plan
- Company paid certification/education program
Email your Resume to: email@example.com
The Company… In business since 2004, PCR Business Systems is one of the leading Managed Service Providers (MSP) in Akron, OH. Learn more here.